Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Why There Is So Much Stealing All Over The World

I have a quick comment this morning. As I stated earlier I was afraid to bring a camera to Rio de Janeiro because of street thefts and armed hold-ups. Over the last 40 + years, I have taken a lot of pictures of Rio but was not able to do it this time.
When I got back, burglaries continued here in Pacifica. Elena and I installed a camera system in the house. I will not discuss all of the details. But if you do break in here, rest assured, as the old saying goes, "You will be on Candid Camera."
Sadly break-ins and robberies are common all over the world in both rich and poor countries. My very liberal friends will point out that the continuing rise in inequality between the rich and the poor makes this happen.They draw scenarios where some poor and starving person breaks into your house or robs you with a weapon to get food to stave off starvation.
Studies in poor neighborhoods in South Africa and Brasil paint a different picture. Basically one person in ten works at a low-income job . They produce enough income to keep family members and friends fed. (Basic food stuffs are not that expensive, by the way.)
All of the stealing going on is by people with drug habits seeking to support their addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment