Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The South African Film Elysium

I spent six years of my life in South Africa. The people there are wonderful. I had the best social life of all time there. Today the carpet cleaners came. They did a great job. But their chemicals smelled bad and took hours to dry. I had to flee the house. I went to view the South African film Elysium. It was from the team that brought you District 9. It's a great action movie. For science fiction lovers like me they have great special effects including a giant space station where the elites live. Jodie Foster plays a British South African down to the accent. The real bad guys are Afrikaaners (South Africans of Dutch ancestry). The real message of the film is the growing inequality between the super rich and the rest of us all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment