Saturday, January 1, 2011

What The Holiday Season Means

My dear readers all over the world I want to thank you for your loyalty and support all year long. A special thanks to Penny and the Letterdish staff for doing a great job during a hard year!

We have had Elena's dear friend of 30 years Dr. Delma Veron with us for the last few days. Delma came from a small town called Entre Rios(between the rivers in Argentina). She is now a research scientist at Yale University. Like my wife Elena, she has come a long way She came with a friend named Maria Jose who is from Ecuador and a graduate of SUNY Albany, New York.

We had a quiet New Year's celebration at home to avoid all of the crowds, loud noises, drunk drivers, and police at sobriety check points. It gave me time to reflect on what the holiday season is all about. There are many paths to God. So regardless of your religious beliefs, this is a time to stand back,meditate and give thanks.

What do I have to be thankful for after passing through 2010:

1) My marriage of ten years is still happy and alive. Fifty percent of the marriages fail.

2) We are still living in our house with a modified loan that gives us hope of paying it off. In the USA some 2.4 million families lost their homes to foreclosure. We will never know how many other families lost their homes to so called "short sales" or other compromises with lenders.

3) We still have our rental property in San Jose with a great new tenant.

4) I had a crisis with my prostate. I thought I had cancer and was dying. After the biopsy it was determined that I did not have cancer.

5) Our dogs Copernicus and Eloisa are still alive. We had a scare on Christmas Eve when a dying rat fell into the sink and not to the floor where one of our dogs would have eaten it and absorbed the poison in the animal.

6) Our home is in much better shape due to work of an excelklent group of craftsmen.

7) In December I started to receive my Social Security pension. Think of all the people in the US and around the world who do not get a pension.

   We have hope for 2011. There are so many people I could thank for all of this. They have already been thanked in person. May you have a wonderful 2011! Keep reading my blog! I love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment